adventures in everything...

ONE HUNDRED!

30 Jun 10

Well I had hoped to post a nice finished picture for my 100th post, but it’s taking ages so I thought I might as well just post my progress, it’s also my last day in London today so it shows what I’ve done during my time here, also, once I get back I have a video to work on so not sure when I’ll get this finished.

I started on Audrey first as she was the simplest character. I found that she wasn’t visible against the yellow background so I changed it to a dull green colour…

Once I’d finished with Audrey I started to work on the colours I wanted to use for Audrey II and scribbled them on a separate layer so that I could keep referring back to it. The first part of the plant I drew was the plant pot, then the neck/stem and then I started on all the tentacles. One of the tentacles was drawn on a separate layer as this was the one that had hold of Audrey and so needed to be layered over the top of her….
Originally I had drawn the leaves with a raggy edge but when it came to colouring them up they looked quit messy so I redrew them with just a simple leaf shape. I also added some smaller tentacles on the walls behind the plant, and finished off the tentacle that was wrapped around Audrey’s waist…
The most time consuming part so far has been Audrey II’s head, but I’ve managed to get most of it done; the head itself, the mouth and all the teeth! It just needs the leaves around the “face”…
So here’s a little snippit of it so far. Annoyingly I think I’m going to have to go back and work on Audrey because she’s a little faint compared to the plant so the shading parts on her need to be darker. I think the background needs to be darker too so that the teeth on the plant stand out more, this should also make Audrey stand out a bit more…